So here’s another “About Me” post:
- My name is Lauren. Short for awesome.
- I have a Southern accent when I’m around my family, but strive to control it anywhere else.
- In case it is not obvious I adore Classic Hollywood; my favorite actress is Grace Kelly, and my favorite actor is Gregory Peck. However Cary Grant, Gene Tierney, Ingrid Bergman, Rita Hayworth, Ida Lupino, Jimmy Stewart, Clark Gable, Katharine Hepburn, Barbara Stanwyck, Judy Garland, and Maureen O’Hara (along with several others) are also among my favorites.
- The first classic movie I ever saw was The Wizard of Oz
- I also have an unhealthy obsession with Disney movies.
- My birth certificate says I’m 23, but in actuality I’m about 7 years old.
- I have a passion for writing and I believe it is the one gift I have that I would literally die without.
- Poetry is a deep love of mine, my favorite poets are Anne Sexton, Jane Kenyon, John Keats, Emily Dickinson, ee cummings, Pablo Neruda…
- Classic Literature, though I’m open to most kinds of books, is another love of mine. Daphne du Maurier and Jane Austen are my two favorite authors. I would go on, but this is already ridiculously long.
- I adore the theatre. I sneak off to New York every chance I get so I can see a show.
- I also adore traveling, though I haven’t been out of the country yet it’s something I want.
- I’m sarcastic, blunt, and have a low tolerance for bullshit
- I’m funny, and I’m not afraid to say it.
- I’m also pretty laid back and get along with mostly everyone. You’ll know if I don’t like you.
- “Two things you should never leave home without: Your ass and your sense of humor. If you forget either of them you may as well stay the hell home.” Sarcasm and satire are two major parts of my personality. If you can’t take a joke GTFO ;]
- Barbra Streisand and Judy Garland are frequent visitors on my iPod
- However I adore Linda Eder, Jack’s Mannequin, Sara Bareilles, India Arie, Radiohead, Bruce Springsteen, and most other kinds of music especially if they write their own lyrics
- I’m thinking that’s pretty much it…
Yeah that’s me in a nutshell. Did I mention that I’m awesome?